My name is Julie Butler, and I am the CTE Director and Business Department Chair at Palmer High School. This is my 39th year as a teacher, and year 35 at Palmer. This year I am teaching Accounting 1, BIM 1, and BIM 2, and will be facilitating Accounting 2 Dual Credit with Navarro College. If you are reading this, chances are strong that you are in one of my classes, or if you are a parent/guardian, your child is in one of them.
As you are aware, the year is starting off in NORMAL mode, which means we will be face-to-face in my classroom. I will still be posting assignments in Google Classroom for each period, so please refer to the specific Google Classroom for your student tp determine assignments, etc. All pages used in class will be available as pdf files through the Chromebook, so if a student prefers to have his/her own copy of the pages, they may be accessed online. This should be the only time Chromebooks will be used in class.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you are a student sitting in my classroom, work will be due on the date and time given in class. Headers must be on each page when printed, or the grade will be 0. See below if you are a virtual students.
- All students will need to have a set of headphones/ear buds, whether you are in the classroom or at home.
- Students will have access to the computer desktop at home on the Chromebook through VMWare. An instructional video will be available in Google Classroom to walk students through connecting.
- This will allow students to complete work at home if not able to attend school.
- Issues with VMWare will be directed to the Technology Department at ITsupport@palmer-isd.org.
- Please email me if there are any problems with assignments, connectivity, etc. I will get back with you as soon as possible, but keep in mind that, depending on the time of your email, I may not get back with you until the next morning.
- Virtual Students
- There will be some type of document that you will be required to submit to me each day so that I can account for your attendance.
- I will be checking the time stamp on each submission, so please be sure to have it submitted or shared with me by 11:59 on the night it is due.
- Please remember that I teach 7 classes per day, so I may not be able to reply to requests or emails immediately. I will do my best to get back with you as soon as possible.
The best way to contact me will be through email, which is firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to the year and hope you are as well!