I teach Developmental Reading which involves daily, explicit and systematic research based reading instruction. Students are taught in small groups to help them master reading skills needed to make positive reading growth.
Just so you will know what to expect:
- There are no grades given for this class because this is a supplemental program.
- Expect a progress report with your child's report card every six weeks.
- I benchmark three times a year- in September, January and April. Benchmarks help determine how well the intervention is working and if the focus of instruction needs to change. You will be notified of the results on a six weeks progress report.
- I monitor progress once a month. These scores will be on progress reports sent home every six weeks.
- There is no homework to be turned in. But you can help your child by helping him/her practice sight words every night and making sure he/she does the reading and spelling homework assigned by the classroom teacher.